The foreign languages can be selected/modified in accordance with the mode explained below.
For further details on the languages and the exit levels and periods and mode for language change, you can check the Guide to the University (chapter on “Foreign Languages” and chapter on “Administrative rules, procedures and deadlines”).
Bachelor of Science
First language (first year) – Not included in the BAI and BGL programs
English is automatically assigned as a first language to all students.
If you are a student:
- Italian mother tongue enrolled in a BSc program taught in English (except for BAI and BGL): you CAN change your first language in specific periods before the beginning of each semester
- English mother tongue and enrolled in a BSc Program taught in Italian or in English (except for BAI and BGL): you MUST have a different language than English.
Second language/ unique language for BAI and BGL (second year)
It must be different than your mother tongue and must be selected via Punto Blu, upon enrollment in the second year of studies.
Note: For the BSc Programs taught in English, Italian is compulsory (it can be chosen as first language or second language/unique language for BAI and BGL) for all students who are not Italian mother tongue.
Master of Science
The first language is automatically assigned and must be English - code 20637 (for students initially enrolled in the first year starting the 2018-19 academic year) independently from your mother tongue. For students initially enrolled in the first year of studies starting with the 2022-23 a.y., the assigned level depends on the language of instruction of the Program:
- study programs taught in Italian: B2 business;
- study programs taught in English: C1 business
The second language (unique language for DSBA, CYBER, TS and AI) must be different than your mother tongue and it can be chosen among: French, Italian, Spanish or German (only B1 business as one level).
Note: For the MSc programs taught in English, the second language (unique language for DSBA, CYBER, TS and AI) is compulsorily Italian for all students who are not Italian mother tongue.
Integrated Master of Arts in Law
First language (first year)
- If you ARE NOT English mother tongue: general English is compulsory and automatically assigned
- If you are English mother tongue: to be chosen from among French, Italian, Spanish and German.
Language in the second year
All students have in their study plan, independently from their mother tongue, the Legal English (automatically assigned - B2 Legal level).
Second language (third year)
The second language must be different than your mother tongue and can be chosen from among French, Italian, Spanish and German.