Yes. The study plan of all Study Programs (BSc, MSc and Integrated Master of Arts in Law) include compulsory foreign languages (generally two). Details about the languages for your study plan: Guide to the University, chapter on Foreign languages.
Bachelor of Science
Each BSc program includes two compulsory foreign languages in the study plan except for BAI Program, which includes only one language; the rules applied coincide with the ones of the second foreign language).
First language (except for BAI)
- BSc Programs taught in Italian: English (compulsory)
- BSc Programs taught in English: chosen among English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish.
Second language/unique language for BAI: chosen among French, Italian, Spanish or German.
Note: English can be chosen only as a first language (it cannot be chosen by students enrolled in BAI Program). The chosen languages must be different from your mother tongue, and the first and second language must be different.
Master of Science
Each MSc program includes two compulsory foreign languages in the study program, except for DSBA, Cyber and TS program structures, including only one language.
- First language: English (compulsory), independently from your mother tongue (students initially enrolled in the first year starting the 2018-19 academic year)
- Second language: it must be different from your mother tongue and can be chosen from among French, Spanish, German and Italian (Italian can be selected only by students enrolled in MSc Programs taught in English). If your Master of Science program is taught in English and your mother tongue is not Italian, you can only select Italian as your second language.
Second language courses (or one language for DSBA, Cyber and TS) last one year: from the 2nd semester of the 1st year to the 1st semester of the 2nd year. General exams can be taken starting from the end of the course.
Note: The English language course is offered in the second year, except for students enrolled in specific Double Degree programs (incoming and outgoing) who can attend it in their first year.
Integrated Master of Arts in Law
First language (first year)
- Students who are not English mother tongue: English (B2 general)
- Students who are English mother tongue: chosen from among French, German or Spanish of level B2 general or Italian of level C1 general.
Second year of studies
In the second year, the Legal English course and exam (B2 legal) is compulsory for all students independently from your mother tongue.
Second language (third year)
It can be chosen among: French, Spanish or German (B1 general) and Italian (C1 general).
Note: The chosen first language of the first year and the second language of the third year must be different from your mother tongue and different one another.