If the student will be assigned a room in one of the Bocconi residence Halls for a.y. 2023-24 and during the same academic year you will take part in the Exchange program, Free Mover or he will participate in an off campus internship recognized by Bocconi University (verified by the competent offices), you can ask to temporarily sublet your room to another Bocconi student, who must be regularly enrolled in the a.y. 2023-24 in a Bachelor, Master of Science or Integrated Master of Arts in Law program, in correspondence of the period during which you will take part in the international experience. According to the agreement in place among the student who is temporary leaving the room and the subleasing student, it will be possible to sublet the room for one or more consecutive months, as long as they belong to the same semester (i.e. the period from September to January for the 1° semester and the period from January to June for the 2° semester).
The participation in the international program will be verified by the competent offices.
It is in student responsibility to find and indicate the name of a Bocconi student interested in temporarily occupying your room. We suggest you to visit the link to the unofficial Facebook group handled by student representatives, that may be useful to find another Bocconi student interested in a temporary room assignment.
Please note that:
- In case of rooms with shared bathroom, it is necessary that the subleasing student is of the same gender of the student who sublets his/her room.
- The room can be temporarily sublet only for full months.
- The student who will temporarily occupy the room will not have to meet economic or merit requirements.
In addition, and with reference to the due housing fees in case of temporary sublease:
- For students involved in the temporary sublease, the housing fees will be determined according to the monthly fee.
- Should the room be at the full rate, the student who will temporary occupy the room will pay for the accommodation exclusively at full rate (monthly fee).
Should the room be at preferential rate, the student who will temporary occupy the room will pay for the accommodation at full rate except in one of the following cases:
- The student who will temporarily occupy the room have applied for “preferential rate new admission a.y. 2023-23” (results in March 2023) and had an housing assignment (later not accepted by himself) or a non- housing assignment due to lack of places (note1). In these cases, at the time of the sublease/take over request, the student concerned may request to pay at the preferential rate.
- Should the room be at preferential rate, the student who will temporary occupy the room will be eligible for this rate only in the event that they have applied for the "ISU Bocconi Scholarship a.y. 2023-24" and that, following the result announcement of the final ranking list drawn up by the end of October 2023, they have been found eligible for the ISU Bocconi scholarship and has thus been assigned one of the ISU Bocconi brackets. In this case it is specified that the preferential rate will be applied only to the installments expected to expire AFTER the definition of its eligibility. If the incoming person has to pay an installment before the publication of the results of the ISU rankings - therefore who has agreed to take over for a period between September and December - he will have to pay the full rate.
The students received the following result: “we regret to inform you that is was NOT possible to assign you a room at preferential rate in one of our Bocconi on campus residences for the a.y. 2023-2024 as the number of applicants exceeded the number of available spots reserved for the right to university education assistance a.y. 2023-2024”
How and when to submit your temporary sublease application
Temporary sublease applications can be submitted only by 2023-24 room assignees who meet the merit and/or economic and enrollment requirements as defined for housing applications.
In case of non-compliance with one or more requirements and subsequent revocation of housing assignment, the temporary sublease application will NOT be considered valid.
The student who sublets their room is responsible for any missing payments and, should that be the case, they will be required to reimburse the University.
The temporary sublease application will need to be submitted through the online procedure that can be accessed from the "Links" box, and only during the following periods:
- From 26/06/2023 to 30/06/2023 (for students who take part in the international program during the I or II semester a.y. 2023-24);
- From 30/10/2023 to 5/11/2023 for students who take part in the international program during the II semester a.y. 2023-24.
|Temporary sublease a.a. 2023-24|
Ii semester - from 30 October to 5 November 2023
Periods and payments
- The period must be agreed between you and must correspond to that of the international experience; it will be possible to sublet the room for one or more consecutive months, as long as they belong to the same semester (i.e. the period from September to January for the 1° semester and the period from January to June for the 2° semester).
- It will be possible to sublet your room also for the entire academic year, submitting two separate temporary sublease applications – the first in July, the second in November.
- Each student will pay the monthly rate for the type of room for their actual months of stay, receiving the MAV in the you@B diary.
Note that temporary sublease is not allowed if the student takes part in a mobility program that takes place online, through distance learning.