For the participation in international mobility programs a.y. 2022-23
If you will be assigned a room in one of the Bocconi residence Halls for a.y. 2022-23 and during the same academic year you will take part in the Exchange program, Free Mover or you will participate in an off campus internship recognized by Bocconi University, you can ask to temporarily sublet your room to another Bocconi student, who must be regularly enrolled in the a.y. 2022-23 in a Bachelor, Master of Science or Integrated Master of Arts in Law program, in correspondence of the period during which you will take part in the international experience. According to the agreement in place among the student who is temporary leaving the room and the subleasing student, it will be possible to sublet the room for one or more consecutive months, as long as they belong to the same semester (i.e. the period from September to January for the 1° semester and the period from January to June for the 2° semester).
The participation in the international program will be verified by the offices.
It is your responsibility to find and indicate the name of a Bocconi student interested in temporarily occupying your room. We suggest you to visit the link to the unofficial Facebook group handled by student representatives, that may be useful to find another Bocconi student interested in a temporary room assignment.
Please note that:
- In case of rooms with shared bathroom, it is necessary that the subleasing student is of the same gender of the student who sublets his/her room.
- The room can be temporarily sublet only for full months.
- The student who will temporarily occupy the room will not have to meet economic or merit requirements.
In addition, and with reference to the due housing fees in case of temporary sublease:
- For students participating to the international program/internship during a.y. 2022-23, the housing fees will be determined according to the monthly fee.
- Should the sublet room be at full rate, the student who temporarily occupies it will be charged the full rate (monthly fee);
- Should the sublet room be at preferential rate, the student who will temporary occupy the room will be allowed to pay preferential rate only after being selected as ISU eligible for the a.y. 2022-23. In case the student who will temporary occupy the room will have to pay an installment before the publication of the ISU ranking (i.e. if the agreed period of sublease is included between September and January), he will have to pay full rate. The application of the preferential rate will depend on the availability of rooms assigned at preferential rate after the previous preferential rate housing admissions, or at the end of the “Early withdrawal” period, within the number of accommodation available according to the Housing Application Requirements and Regulations 2022-23.
Temporary sublease applications can be submitted only by 2022-23 room assignees who meet merit and/or economic and enrollment requirements as defined for housing applications.
In case of lack of one or more requirements and subsequent revocation of housing assignment, the temporary sublease application will NOT be considered valid.
The student who sublets her/his room is responsible for any missing payment and, should that be the case, she/he will be required to reimburse the University.
The temporary sublease application will need to be submitted through the online procedure that can be accessed from the "Links" box, and only during the following periods:
- From 01/07/2022 to 10/07/2022 (for students who take part in the international program during the I or II semester a.y. 2022-23);
- From 02/11/2022 to 16/11/2022 (only for students who take part in the international program during the II semester a.y. 2022-23).
|Temporary sublease a.a. 2022-23|
Periods and payments
- The period must be agreed between you and must correspond to that of the international experience; it will be possible to sublet the room for one or more consecutive months, as long as they belong to the same semester (i.e. the period from September to January for the 1° semester and the period from January to June for the 2° semester).
- It will be possible to sublet your room also for the entire academic year, submitting two separate temporary sublease applications – the first in July, the second in November.
- Each of you will pay the monthly rate for the type of room for their actual months of stay, receiving the MAV in the you@B diary.
Note that temporary sublease is not allowed if the student takes part in a mobility program that takes place online, through distance learning.